Frequently-Asked Questions & Answers
Here you will find the "Frequently-Asked Questions & Answers" about the Rebild Festival in Denmark.
- Does it cost anything to get into the Rebild Festival on July 4th?
Yes, the entrance fee is DKK 150 per person (approx. U.S. $15 - $25 depending on the exchange rate). Members of the Rebild National Park Society and children under 12 have free admission. Tickets can be purchased at the gate or online at http://www.rebildfesten.dk/
- How do I get to the Rebild Hills and the Rebild Festival? Is there public transportation or driving directions?
The easiest way to get to the Rebild Festival is in your own personal vehicle. In connection with the Rebild Festival, the Rebild Society arranges for bus transport from Aalborg to Rebild. Reservations & tickets are necessary for the bus transport. In regards to public transportation, there is a train to Skørping Station, which is 3 1/2 km (a little more than 2 miles) from the Rebild Hills. See more here.
- Are the Rebild Hills open all year round?
Yes, the Rebild Hills are open to the public all year round.
- Is there lodging nearby?
There are two hotels near the Rebild Hills. Hotel Comwell Rebild Bakker is only 300 meters (only 0.18 miles and almost across the street) from the Rebild Festival site, and Rold StorKro is only 2 km (1.2 miles) from the hills. In addition, there is the youth hostel "Cimbrergården" only 200 m (0.12 miles or almost next door) from the Rebild Hills.
- Where do I park? Does it cost anything to park my vehicle?
There are parking attendants on the day of the Rebild Festival. They will direct cars to the parking area, and there is a small fee charged for each car.
- Is the Rebild Festival open to everyone?
The Rebild Festival is open to everyone.
- Do I have to be a Rebild member to go to the Rebild Festival or to go to the Tent Luncheon?
You don't have to be a Rebild member to participate in the Rebild Festival or the Tent Luncheon.
- Do you have to make reservations to go to the Tent Luncheon? Where is the Tent Luncheon?
Yes, you have to reserve tickets for the Tent Luncheon, which is located in a big tent at the side of the parking area.
- How do I get tickets to sit on the platform in front of the stage?
By participating in the Tent Luncheon, you automatically get tickets to sit on the platform on the stage. You can't purchase tickets to sit on the platform only.
- What other events are there in conjunction with the Rebild Festival? How can I attend them?
There are many activities in connection with the Rebild Festival, and they vary from year to year. All of the arrangements are described on the Rebild website http://www.rebildfesten.dk/ up until the 4th of July, where you can order tickets.
- What are the benefits of being a Rebild member? How do I become a Rebild member?
All members of the Rebild Society get free entrance to the Rebild Festival and you receive the Rebild Newsletter four times per year. You can become a member and a sponsor/benefactor at the Rebild website or by calling the Rebild Office.
- How do I become a Rebild Benefactor or Sponsor?
Please contact the Rebild Office for more information.
- Can I bring a picnic basket to the Rebild Festival?
Yes, you are very welcome to bring your own picnic basket to the Rebild Festival.
- Is smoking allowed in the Rebild Hills?
Smoking is forbidden in the Rebild Hills.
- Can I bring my pet to the Rebild Hills and the Rebild Festival?
Yes, you can bring your pet (on a leash) to the Rebild Festival, if you sit in the grass area of the Rebild Hills. Animals are not allowed on the stage area.
- I don't walk that well. Is there handicapped assistance available on July 4th?
There are handicap busses from the tent luncheon down to the Rebild Hills for people who don't walk well. Please contact the Rebild Office well before the 4th of July for more information.
- Where are the toilet facilities?
Toilet facilities are located in various areas, both by the tent luncheon tent and down in the Rebild Hills. Please look for the signs.
- Is there a First-Aid station?
There are First-Aid helpers and an ambulance available at the Rebild Festival.
- Where can I purchase food and water?
There are two restaurants near the Rebild Festival, and people can also purchase drinks, hot dogs, ice cream, etc. by one of the booths in the vendors' area of the Rebild Hills on the 4th of July.
- How much does it cost to go to the Lincoln Log Cabin?
A visit to the Lincoln Log Cabin is free on the 4th of July.